St. Pete Spring Pet Fling & Faerie Costume Contest
Health Mutt Block Party
FEBR Night at Twistee Treat
Available for Adoption
Ready to Apply? Here is how the process works:
- Apply- Print and mail your application in to FEBR P.O. BOX 754 Odessa, Fl. 33556. Be sure to include a $20 non-refundable application fee and make sure all fields are filled in. Your application will not be processed if all the required information and documents are not received.
- Application Review- A volunteer will review your application and make sure all required information and documents are included. Make sure you fill in each field. Take the time to make sure phone numbers are accurate as vets will be called for references. We verify that your dogs are on heartworm prevention. If you buy online, include your receipts from at least 12 months of purchases. If you rent, include your lease agreement or landlord permission letter.
- Phone Interview- A volunteer will call you to speak to you and your family members about adoption and your knowledge of the breed. A home visit will be set up if all goes well in the phone interview.
- Home Visit- FEBR volunteers will perform the home visit. Make sure all of your family members are present so that we can get to know your family and learn what you expect from rescuing a bulldog. The English Bulldog is at an increased risk of drowning compared to other breeds. For this reason, homes with in-ground pools must be separately fenced in order to be approved. Ponds and lakes are also included in this evaluation. If you live in a single family home that backs up to water your yard must be fenced to prevent an accidental drowning.
- Meet and Greets- If you are local, you ARE required to come out to one of our planned events (see calendar) to meet the FEBR team. Do not sit back and expect us to come to you. Show support for all the dedication and hard work FEBR does for this wonderful breed.
- Finding your Bulldog- Once your home is officially approved, we will take a look at the bulldogs we have available. If we feel we have a match for you we will contact you to discuss. If you agree on the potential match, we will set up a meet with the bulldog to see if our bully approves of you. Please be patient during this process as our goal is to find the right family for the bulldogs in our care. Getting your application in and on to the approved list is necessary as some bulldogs that come into our program go right into their matched homes prior to being posted on to our website.
Ready to apply? Click here for the APPLICATION
Florida English Bulldog Rescue is a 100% volunteer non profit organization. We ask that you are patient during the adoption process.
We DO NOT have a facility to visit. All bulldogs are in private foster homes. Check out our events calendar for times to come meet the bulldogs and the FEBR team
We do NOT SHIP bulldogs. Out of state adoptions are welcomed but you must pick up in person.
There is an adoption donation required that can range from $150 to $800. This donation is non-refundable.
All dogs are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, microchipped and treated for medical issues prior to adoption.
You are giving a rescued bulldog a second chance. This means you have the time and patience it takes to help this bulldog adjust. Behavioral, emotional and medical issues are not uncommon with rescued animals.